thank you to normalisthenewweird for nominating me for this award. i was definitely surprised and very appreciative of the support i have received for my blog. honestly, when i started this i didn’t think anyone would ever actually read it, let alone want to follow it. so thank you =]
What is it?
The Liebster Award is designed to bring recognition to smaller blogs–that is, blogs with 200 or fewer followers.
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog.
2. Post 11 facts about yourself, answer the 11 questions asked of you, and create 11 new questions for the bloggers you nominate.
3. Nominate 11 blogs you think deserve to be noticed, and leave comments for them letting them know they’ve been chosen.
4. Display the Liebster Award logo.
5. No tag-backs.
Starting with 11 things about me…
1. i am incredibly insecure.
2. i love the arts, and i am a fairly accomplished pianist and dancer.
3. i love to cook, but i hate to eat.
4. whenever i leave my car, i have to check the handle three times to make sure it is locked (a bit ocd i know…)
5. i have an unexplainable fear that inanimate objects possibly have feelings. i don’t know why, but i have worried that i would hurt the feelings of random things since i was a kid.
6. i am one of the biggest nerds you will ever meet.
7. i enjoy playing video games even though i am much too competitive for them.
8. i can’t make decisions. decisions terrify me.
9. i love to read, and i become incredibly attached to my favorite books and characters.
10. i still sleep with stuffed animals.
11. i’m terrified that i will never be good enough or deserve love.
Now for some answers…
1. What has been the best/most surprising thing you’ve learned from blogging?
i think what has surprised me the most is the support from others. i started my blog assuming no one would ever read it. i figured it would never really go anywhere and no one would want to read what i had to say. but it’s been the opposite experience altogether and i am grateful to everyone who takes the time to read my posts.
2. If you could go back and make one moment of your life last just a little bit longer, what would it be?
wow. this one is tough. i’m not even totally sure. if i would want any moments to last longer.
3. What are your favorite and least favorite foods?
i love potatoes. i hate zucchinni.
4. If you could move your entire life somewhere else for a year and then come right back to where you were and pick up where you left off, where would you move to?
i would move to hawaii. or some other tropical island (hawaii is the only one i have ever been to) i love the beach and the ocean. i love humidity and i love warm weather.
5. What would you tell today’s kids/teenagers if you could get them all together (and be assured they will listen to you) for 30 minutes?
i would tell them that they are good enough. they don’t need to compare themselves to everyone else around them and they don’t need to worry what others think about them. who they are is enough. i would tell them to learn to be happy with who they are.
6. Would you rather be surprised by death or have time to prepare?
i would definitely rather be surprised by death.
7. What quality do you admire in someone you know that you wish you had yourself?
i admire people’s self assurance. i wish i was more confident in myself and my abilities.
8. What is the best time of day?
the evening. when it’s still light but it’s getting dark. it’s beautiful.
9. Is Facebook wonderful or too dangerous to be worth it?
i think facebook can be a good thing and a great way to keep people connected. however, i think it is overemphasized and used and i definitely think people need to interact in traditional ways instead of only online.
10. When is it ok to keep a secret?
i think if you are trying to surprise someone, it’s definitely okay. i also think that there are things that not everyone needs to know, and it’s okay if you don’t share those things with everyone. however, i think you should share everything with someone you are in a relationship with. letting people know your secrets is an expression of trust between the two of you. if you don’t trust someone to love you despite your flaws, you shouldn’t be with them.
11. How do you overcome writer’s block with your blog?
sometimes i just try to start writing anyway. half the time i delete those posts, but i do try to write regardless of how i’m feeling. but sometimes it is more beneficial to just take a break for a little bit, and not try to force it.
okay, i’m still pretty new to blogging, but here are my nominations so far. i will update this list as i find more blogs. =]
mental health matters
i choose happiness
my questions for the nominees:
- why did you start your blog?
- what is your favorite thing about yourself?
- what do you struggle most with in your daily life?
- if you could be any animal, what would you be and why?
- what is the least favorite job you have ever had?
- the protagonist from the last tv show you watched, movie you watched, and book you read are on your zombie survival team. who is one your team?
- if you had to move and could only take three things with you, what would you take?
- who has had the biggest influence on your life?
- if you could do anything when you grow up, what would you do?
- you have a million dollars. what do you do with it?
- what is your biggest fear?